Because I fully believe in equal representation, I feel it’s only right to compile my Top Ten Worst Things about Breastfeeding to balance yesterday’s post about the Best things.
10. Sometimes I really have to think about my fashion choices for the day
9. Waking up in a puddle of milk is never fun
8. Three words: Random. Milk-ejection. Reflex.
7. When parents hustle their children away from me, like I am a pariah, when I sit down to breastfeed at the park.
6. The look of pity, followed by the look of disapproval, when I say “No, she’s not sleeping through night.”
4. Needing a breast pump if I am away from baby for more than 4 hours
2. The sad , puppy-dog face my husband gives when he can only look and not touch
1. Explaining to people that, yes, my baby is still nursing at 3 months… 6 months… 9 months… 12 months… and beyond.
I am sure you have some personal points to add to this list! Do share!
As this is WBW, my posts this week will reflect this. In addition, use my blogroll visit other blogs that celebrate breastfeeding and the joy that comes from it. Make sure you check them out! Also, the 8th Edition of The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding is out. This edition has been revised since 2004 and it. is. awesome. Seriously.