I’ve been waiting to post this recipe until a friend tried making it in another vessel. This recipe is originally from a direct sales company, known for kitchen goods, and the original recipe used all of their equipment. A friend made this, using conventional kitchen materials and it turned out great, in her opinion!! (Thanks for testing, Heather!)
Easy-Peasy PB and C Cake
A box of devil’s food cake mix and ingredients to make cake
A small tub of chocolate frosting, not the whipped kind
A small tub of creamy peanut butter
Casserole dish that can fit in your microwave
1. Mix cake mix according to directions.
2. Pour into a casserole dish, sprayed with the oil.
3. Add the entire tub of frosting to the cake batter, dollop wise, all over. (Make your dollops as large or as small as you want.)
4. Add dollops of peanut butter between the dollops of chocolate. (You may not use the entire tub of peanut butter.)
5. Microwave, with turntable on and casserole cover off, for 10 minutes on HIGH. If you don’t have a turntable in your microwave, rotate the dish halfway through.
6. Check doneness by inserting a toothpick in the cake after cooking. If the pick comes out clean, it’s done. If not, microwave in 2 minute increments until done.
7. Serve hot with vanilla ice cream
This cake results in a fluffy chocolate cake with pools of ooey-gooey chocolate and peanut butter woven within. If you make this, come back and let us know how it turned out!!